Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dipped Chai Cookies (★ ★ ★ ★ ☆)

If this comes off as a love letter, then I apologize.

I'm going to try really, really hard to contain my enthusiasm.

"Once Upon A Time" is back!

Ahem, correction:

My weekly dose of Regina is back!!!

How I love thee, oh, tortured character.

I. am. obsessed.

Let me count the ways...

The fourteen hundred times you snarl, "Miss Swan."
Being forced to obey Mr. Gold's every whim. 
That fateful poisonous apple turnover.
Seeking "magic" therapy.

How can someone be so sinister, so sexy, and so sympathetic at the same time?!  
Oh,  and add smart, sharp, and witty as heck:



Sure she's killed a few people - ripped out a few hearts.

Cursed the purest, truest lovers from ever finding each other.

She may have even kicked a dog. 


But deep down I see the girl with crushed dreams:

The one who watched as her mother killed her true love.
The one who realized her only ally had been the cause of her greatest pain.
The one who adopted a son so she could "feel something."
The one willing to die to save a town so she could be remembered as a person, not a villain.

Gah! Sniff
Cue the waaaaahhhmbulance! And strike up those violins! 
That's a tragic tale if I ever heard one.  

I forgive you, Regina!
You made me lasagna, Regina?
Of course, I'll eat it, Regina!
Why is no one else eating the lasagna, Regina?

Did anyone else feel a tinge when her peace offering was scorned?
Sure it's awkward that the Evil Queen who was hell bent on making everyone miserable is now bringing food to a potluck,
           
        ...why that even came up in the writer's room will never make sense to me...

But come on! Forgive and forget!
Stop harping on the past, fairy tale people! Seriously
I guess they are just blinded to her awesomeness.  
Or their past experiences are too traumatic to move on from.

But I, for one, can't get enough.

Give me Regina.  I want Regina!

What petty argument is going to tip her new found resolve to be good?  
What incident is going to trigger another devastating memory from her past?

This is good TV, ya'll!
What better motivation is there to keep tuning in, week after week?
It's not the "high-budget" CGI - I can tell you that much. 

It's the "will she"/"won't she" suspense.  
Am I watching good Regina or bad Regina?
Poisoned apple/peace-offering apple?
Chocolate or spicy chai?

Oh wait...those are my cookies.  
While I definitely did not intend to bake in honor of a television character, after this weeks episode I knew where this post was headed.

Using my absurdly addicting dough from the Dirty Chai Cookies I made last year, I just broke it down to the basics.

The spicy tanginess of chai mixed with the comforting richness of chocolate.   

A cookie with an identity disorder.  

And a delicious one at that. 


Dipped Chai Cookies
  • 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Butter, Room Temperature
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Packets Instant Chai Latte Powder (1/3 cup) (I found mine at Whole Foods)
  • 2 tsp Chai Tea
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat Oven to 375F
Bake for 9-11 Minutes
Makes Approx. 30 Cookies
1) Preheat oven to 375F. 
2) In a medium sized bowl, beat butter, sugar, chai latte powder, and chai tea (Just cut

    open the bag and measure) until fluffy.  For this recipe I didn't have enough chai latte powder so I 

    just added a bit more tea and sugar to compensate. 

3) Add vanilla and egg.  Beat until well mixed.

4) In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together.

5) Add flour mixture to sugar mixture a little bit at a time until thoroughly combined. 
6) Place rounded teaspoons of dough onto a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

7) Bake for 9-11 minutes or until dry to the touch.  

8) After cookies have cooled, melt cup of chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 sec increments.  Stir 

    in-between to avoid over heating.

9) Dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to set or store in 

    the refrigerator until chocolate is thoroughly hardened again (30 min to 1 hour).  Enjoy!

Because sometimes the answer is "both."






This post was featured:
     






20 comments:

  1. Ooh they look scrummy, I love the dipped end. I'd eat that first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look amazing!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the recipe! I'm pinning this for later.
    I like Regina too! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I fellow Regina lover! :D Glad to know I'm not the only one in this fan club.

      Delete
  4. Oh these cookies sound so good with the chai and look BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project !!

    I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!

    Look forward to seeing you there :)

    http://lemonpaperdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/craft-create-inspire-linky-party.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I'll be sure to stop by and link up!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. YUM! I love chai! Probably almost as much as pumpkin. These cookies look great, I can't wait to try out the recipe! Thanks for sharing, followed your blog, would love if you stopped by and linked up in my Share Something Sunday Link Party !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Chai is definitely right up there with pumpkin...and when covered in chocolate I think it's even better! I'll be sure to stop by your link party! Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for linking up, and I have some serious Once Upon A Time catching up to do!

      Delete
    3. Oh you do! And if you like Regina - this weeks episode - magnifique!

      Delete
  7. Just stopping by to let you know I'm featuring this post as an Honorable Mention in Share Something Sunday Link Party ! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you'll join in again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo, hoo! Thanks. :) I'll be sure to stop by and grab my button.

      Delete
  8. I've never made chai cookis before but it looks like I need to start with these! They look so yummy and I especially love how they're partially dipped in chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious! But be careful, the dough is pretty good, you might not have much left to make cookies with! Merry Christmas!

      Delete