Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oatmeal Apple Crisp (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)

After I made that "Simple Apple Tart," I was left with quite a few apples. So I 'obviously' needed to bake something with them. This time though, I wanted to aim for something a little sweeter...more on the "comfort" food side of the spectrum.

I found this recipe for an apple crisp on the Southern Food section of about.com that fit the bill: Apple Crisp



First you cut the butter into the flour mixture.



Add in the oatmeal and your nut of choice (I recommend pecans).



It's not gorgeous, but that's not the point of this type of dessert.
Sloppy and delicious is the way to go.


I would definitely make an Apple Crisp again. It's super easy and uses minimal ingredients. Topping it off with ice cream makes it infinitely better. A al mode is always best. I can't say that I'm attached to this recipe though. I know there is better out there...one that will blow my socks off. Although, that probably means more work, more ingredients, and more calories.

But I'm up for the challenge.






No comments:

Post a Comment