Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Decadent Peanut Butter Pie (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)

My Aunt pulled this recipe out of the Tuesday Ads and HAD to make it.

Now I'll admit it looked pretty good, and I'm a sucker for peanut butter, but she has a habit of being swayed by advertisement. Like that one late night she was house-sitting and my sister and I left her with the parting message, "don't buy anything on tv!" If she's reading this, we all know how that turned out. Living room. Workout DVD. Extremely weird facial exercises. All bad.

Thankfully, this is not one such story AND we actually improved upon the recipe: Decadent Peanut Butter Pie
Instead of "frozen whipped topping" ...which we all know is Cool Whip, but they won't say it cause they're not besties with Cool Whip... (Jif and Smuckers are super exclusive) we made our own whipped cream from scratch.

Trust me, it made all the difference.

Only problem is you have to be more religious about refrigerating it. Leave it out too long and it starts to melt.
We used the brands that were called for in the recipe and I would stick with Jif even though there are better peanut butters out there. This one's got a great consistency for recipes like this.

I would, HOWEVER, ditch that Smuckers stuff..gasp!

I just dissed Jif's BFF.
Oh, know I didn't!

There are better brands than this watery goop.
Peanut Butter gloriousness.





No comments:

Post a Comment